Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hepatitis

I went to the doctor's office today to get a check-up, and my doctor, who is the man by the way, told me that I was perfectly healthy and there was no real need to have a physical.  Once he found out I was going to Italy we ended up talking for over forty-five minutes (he is very proud of the fact that his ancestry is 100% Italian) about everything from books I should read, to wine and vineyards, to how I should wear a condom when I am over there.  He did end up giving me a Hepatitis-A vaccination which has given me a serious dead arm, but it reminded me of that old saying...

"I'd rather have a dead arm today than get Hepatitis-A."

I also just bought a sick rain jacket, my new camera and my visa came in the mail, and I found out that I will be living on Via Fabio Severo, one of the main streets in Trieste, so things are coming together...10 days people.

1 comment:

pdawley said...

ah, what a classic old saying. I remember when i took the hepatitis over the dead arm. I really regret that day.