Sunday, August 24, 2008

Dirty Words

I'm sitting out in the sun as I write, and it's beautiful here in Vermont.  I have been running the last few days and jogging by all of the rivers and streams, looking at the mountains, I realized that there were some things I missed about my home state.  However, every time I run I see at least five or six cars drive by with familiar people and I remember exactly why I can't be here anymore.  They all look at me like they recognize me which really bothers me for some reason. I feel very anxious when I am constantly surrounded by acquaintances and familiar faces and I love the freedom of being unknown.

Speaking of freedom, it was very liberating this summer having so few possessions that I have begun to get rid of things.  Yesterday I filled two garbage bags with clothes that I rarely wear to give to charity and I plan to do the same with many of my random belongings strewn about the house.  My goal is to get to Trieste with only my big backpack and my travel guitar.  We'll see if I can pull it off.

My Dad and I are driving to Boston tomorrow to try to secure my Italian visa.  The process has been a giant headache, and I hope I have the right paperwork with me.  If they don't give me the visa I will probably curse at them in English because I don't know any Italian profanity.  In fact, that is going to be my first order of business when I get over there, I need to have an arsenal of dirty words at my disposal, and I hope I meet someone who is ok with swearing at me until I learn them all.

No comments: