Thursday, July 10, 2008

Why Blog?

As I begin what I think will be the most exciting, adventurous, thought-provoking, potentially dangerous time of my life, I have a feeling there are a few people out there who are interested in what I am up to.  Maybe only my parents and my friend Brett will read this blog...

That's ok.  

Simply writing down what happens over the next year will help me make sense of what I'm doing and might help me determine what I want to be when I grow up, if that ever happens.  
So at about 3 a.m. this morning, after drinking a few too many beers, playing a couple games of Bags (or "Cornhole" as it's called in North Carolina, which sounds to me more like a third grade comeback than a game involving bean bags) and eating about a hundred pistachios in an apartment I've never been to before, it occurred to me.  I need to do something significant today.
 
I've made good on that pledge, waking up promptly at 4:30pm to begin my new, productive life...and above are the first fruits of that intense labor.

No comments: